Impromptu: Leading in the Moment
Impromptu: Leading in the Moment3.67 3 5 Author: Judith Humphrey Narrator: Pam Ward
Guided by her entrepreneurial success as founder of The Humphrey Group and her firm's work with tens of thousands of leaders over the past thirty years, Judith Humphrey makes clear the importance of preparing to be spontaneous-as counterintuitive as that may sound! Drawing upon the best impromptu moments from the Greeks to the present, the book looks at every aspect of impromptu speaking. You will learn how to:
- Think like an impromptu leader
- Quickly read an audience of one or a thousand
- Collect your thoughts and craft a persuasive message
- 'Script' yourself within seconds for any occasion
- Avoid 'um's' and 'ah's' and use the right words at the right time
- Discover improv techniques that will enable you to shine
- Deliver your message with clarity, confidence, and conviction.
The ability to speak on the spot is often seen as an innate gift, a talent of 'natural-born' leaders. The truth is, it's a skill that can be learned-a skill that is quickly becoming a must-have for anyone in a leadership position. Impromptu provides clear, actionable guidance to help you reach your full leadership potential. It will enable you to influence and inspire followers on the many 'small stages' that define our daily lives.
More information about the audiobook:Publisher: Gildan Media
Length: 7H 2Min
Always have a good book lined up - Listen and read whenever you want
Read and listen to as many books as you like! Download books offline, listen to several books continuously, choose stories for your kids, or try out a book that you didn't thought you would like to listen to. The best book experience you'd ever had.Free trial for 14 days