- لا توجد تقييمات
- اللغة الإنجليزية
- سير وتراجم
- المدة الزمنية
- 12ساعة 50دقيقة
And the Rest Is History: Tales of Hostages, Arms Dealers, Dirty Tricks, and Spiesالمؤلف: Kenneth R. Timmerman الراوي: John Pruden كتاب صوتي
Foreword by Rabbi Abraham Cooper, Associate Dean, Simon Wiesenthal Center
A real-life adventure story told by a New York Times bestselling author and war correspondent who reveals how he became a hostage, an arms dealer, and an Israeli spy.
And the Rest Is History takes readers on a traveling circus from Paris to Beirut, Baghdad, and beyond, introducing them to spies and terrorists, arms dealers and crooks, and along the way reveals a few surprises about the secret underbelly of
recent history you won’t find in WikiLeaks. This book pinpoints precisely when the era of “fake news” actually began in America, and will change the way you think about journalism and journalists.
• riveting testimony of the author’s torture and born-again experience as a hostage in a Beirut cellar;
• unusual insight into the beginnings of the Iran–Contra scandal;
• eyewitness reporting from the battlefields of the Middle East;
• the inside scoop on Saddam Hussein’s WMD programs;
• astonishing stories of French government dirty tricks, the intelligence underworld, Israeli hostage negotiations, and the real-life escapades of a Soviet sleeper agent.
And the Rest Is History is a reporter’s journey from Left-Bank leftist to born-again Christian conservative. But most of all it’s a rollicking good read full of unusual characters, places, and events you will never hear about on the evening news.