Essential Green Roof Construction: The Complete Step-by-Step Guideالمؤلف: Leslie Doyle الكتاب الإليكتروني
Simple green roof design and installation for the do-it-yourself builder
Essential Green Roof Construction is a comprehensive, in-depth guide to building simple green roofs for houses and small buildings.
Packed with detailed photos, illustrations, case studies, and code compliance advice, it offers clear step-by-step instructions necessary to create your own living roof on a new build or as a retrofit. Coverage includes:
• The benefits of a green roof
• The basics of planning and design
• Assessing site conditions such as aspect, slope, and loads
• Navigating building codes and working with building officials
• Material options, including professional grade and economical or local alternatives
• Planting suggestions for different roof climates and conditions, including food production
• When to call on professionals to ensure safety and integrity
• Step-by-step guidance for safe roof installation and detailing
• Annual green roof maintenance.
Where common sense meets beauty — a green roof is a system of layers that work together to support plant life, insulate homes, and make the world a greener place.
Essential Green Roof Construction will give you the knowledge and confidence to install your own green roof.