- 1 التقييمات
- اللغة الإنجليزية
- كتب واقعية
The Fourth Trimester Companion: How to Take Care of Your Body, Mind, and Family as You Welcome Your New Babyالمؤلف: Cynthia Gabriel الكتاب الإليكتروني
A well-cared-for baby is a baby whose mother is taking care of herself. With this truth at its core, The Fourth Trimester Companion supports your transition to motherhood.
You have probably already read multiple books on pregnancy, childbirth, and infant care as you prepare to become a mother, but have you considered how you are going to care for yourself after your baby is born? With so much focus on the birthing process and the new baby, your own birth as a mother is often overlooked. Doctors, nurses, midwives, and others involved in providing baby care agree that your own transition deserves equal attention, because taking good care of yourself in the first three months of your new baby’s life—the fourth trimester—brings crucial benefits for you, for your baby, and for your partner and family.
With this important book, you (as well as your partner and other caregivers, whether lay or professional) now have the resources to have an ideal fourth trimester experience. Cynthia Gabriel, a doula and the author of the best-selling book Natural Hospital Birth, delivers all the information, guidance, and encouragement you need as a new mother to take care of your body, mind, and spirit during the vital months of the fourth trimester—so that you feel your best and so your baby has the best possible chance to thrive.
Find tips, strategies, and advice for:
• Coping with the physical and emotional challenges in the first days and weeks post-partum
• Sleep challenges and solutions for both you and baby
• Self-care, infant care, and infant feeding, including breastfeeding and going back to work
• Navigating your changing relationships with your immediate family, partner, children, parents, in-laws, and pets
• Finding your new, postpartum sex life
• Emotional well-being, including postpartum depression and PTSD
Appreciate the wondrous moments as a new mother and feel less alone with the challenging ones with The Fourth Trimester Companion.