SOS Dog: The Purebred Dog Hobby Re-Examined
SOS Dog: The Purebred Dog Hobby Re-Examined1 1 5 Höfundur: Johan Gallant, Edith Gallant
Since about 140 years dogs are being bred closely to standards under the observation of national kennel clubs. Since this time, the purebred dog has been regarded by many as superior to an important part of the species-indigenous pariah dogs, that are looked at with contempt. Is this appropriate, or might they have some important lessons for us?
Edith and Johan Gallant, who have been involved in the purebred fancy as breeders, exhibitors and judges, encourage us to take an objective look into the past and future of man's best friend:
- Has the purebred dog initiative since its inception indeed improved the breeds under manipulation?
- Are our purebred dogs at the onset of the twenty-first century mentally and physically fitter than the stock from which they were extracted?
- Have the selectively bred breeds indeed been improved in respect of canine needs or was the effort rather an ornamental achievement?
- Did failures occur and what went wrong?
- Can the situation be remedied?
Meiri upplýsingar um rafbókinaÚtgefandi: Kynos Verlag
Hafðu alltaf góða bók við höndina - hlustaðu og lestu hvar og hvenær sem er
Lestu og hlustaðu á eins margar bækur og þú vilt! Vistaðu bækurnar á tækið fyrir ferðalögin, hlustaðu til skiptis á aðrar bækur, veldu sögur fyrir börnin þín og finndu næstu uppáhalds bókina þína. Með Storytel ertu ávallt með heilt bókasafn í vasanum.Prófaðu frítt í 14 daga