Get The Ball Rolling
Get The Ball Rolling0 0 5 Scritto da: Dianna Stearns
The best dog sports are those that are fun for both you and your dog while offering the opportunity to build your skills as a trainer and strengthening your relationship with your dog. Treibball meets all of these criteria which is why it is growing in popularity among dog people worldwide.
Originating in Germany as a way to give dogs an outlet for their natural herding instincts, Treibball includes elements of herding trials, canine “soccer” and obedience. The dog is asked to perform a number of tasks under direction, at an increasing distance from his handler, while off-leash. The goal is for the dog to drive eight balls to his handler in a designated goal area within a ten-minute time period. The author presents the training protocols step-by-step and uses non-force methods including clicker training and shaping to get the desired behaviors. Whether you decide to compete or use Treibball for fun and bonding, you and your dog will benefit from working together to build the skills necessary to play this fun new game.
You will learn:
• How to train your dog to perform the movements necessary to “herd” eight balls of various sizes into a goal area by following your verbal and hand signals.
• How to shape behaviors step-by-step and build in complexity and distractions so your dog is ready for whatever may happen on the field of play.
• The rules of the sport as established by the American Treibball Association.
• To respond to a variety of challenges that the goal-line judge has the discretion to give during play.
• Force-free, dog friendly training methods.
• That all dogs, not just herding breeds, can enjoy Treibball.
Più informazioniEditore: Dogwise Publishing