The Swell Dressed Party
The Swell Dressed Party0 0 5 Scritto da: Cynthia Rowley, Ilene Rosenzweig
With their fun-loving spirit and entertaining expertise, they serve up ideas for memorable affairs that are easy to execute, don't leave you exhausted, and allow you to achieve the ultimate hostess goal -- to be a guest at your own party.
This day-to-night guide brings a much-needed dose of realism to fabulous entertaining. The confident hostess makes the most of what she's got, mixing homemade with store-bought, pairing her best crystal flutes with last minute Polaroid placecards, and knowing it's important to keep the conversation as sparkling as the champagne.
"Part Dressing" is a new approach to great entertaining that relies on playfulness, not perfectionism. Over twenty parties in this book combine recipes that deliver wow factor without requiring a culinary PH.D., and anecdotes from Rowley and Rosenzweig's party career. They show how to bring friends and family together for high-style good times without spending an obscene amout of time or blowing a wad of dough.
The Swell motto is: Minimize effort and maximize fun. Great hostessing is about setting a mood as much as making sure people get enough to eat and drink. A Swell party is like the perfect black dress glammed up with little accessories that make a big impact.
• Double-duty favors that bring an activity to the party, like sketchbooks and charcoals at everyy place setting.
• Iced gel-eye masks and Tylenol for a Hangover Brunch.
• Filling the pool with blow-up ducks as an aquatic centerpiece.
• The No-Time-for-Dinner Party, ordering in every course, from MacDonald's fries to steakhouse sirloins, and making an event of every delivery.
• Turning Games Night or Must-See TV into a weekly ritual of three-martini playdates.
• Keeping the cupboard stocked for chic-and-easy bar snack and canapes for the impromptu cocktails.
Più informazioniEditore: Atria Books