What do you know about the our planet's strangest extinct creatures?
Matt Sewell's follow-up to the mega-hit Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures is a beautifully-illustrated large format look at the amazing beasts that time forgot - from the well-known, such as the sabre-toothed tiger and woolly mammoth, to more obscure monsters that walked the earth millions of years ago.
Organized chronologically, the creatures illustrated and described include:
• Sabre tooth tigers and woolly mammoths
• Glyptodon - the armadillo as big as a VW Beetle car
• Megalodon - the monster 60 foot (18m) shark
• Water King penguin - the red and grey penguin the size of a man
• Ornimegalonyx - the largest owl that ever existed
• Deinotherium - the huge, elephant-like creature with tusks positioned on its lower jaw and curved, facing downwards
• Short-nosed bear - the massive fearsome bear that kept North America human-free
• Aurochs - the striped wild bull with huge horns
• Megatherium - the giant sloth that was as large as a modern elephant
Less celebrated than the dinosaurs, these beasts are equally impressive. Enjoy Matt Sewell's characteristic watercolour illustrations and witty, fascinating descriptions of these amazing creatures that once did stalk the planet.