- 1 Valoraciones
- No ficción
- 3H 36M
HowExpert Guide to Ballet: 101+ Tips to Learn How to Get Started in Ballet, Discover Tips & Tricks, and Become a Better Ballet DancerAutor: HowExpert, Lauren Dillon Narrador: Robyn Mary Bouedo Audiolibro
If you are thinking about taking ballet classes, have a child who is starting to dance, or want to know more about ballet, then HowExpert Guide to Ballet is for you. This book covers many things, such as:
- How to find the best studio for you.
- Elements to look for in classes from ages 3 to 18.
- What to wear to class if you are a child or an adult dancer.
- Things to bring to class in your dance bag.
- How to make the perfect ballet bun.
- Proper ballet etiquette.
- How to behave in class, at the barre, and when dancing in the center of the room.
- Warm-up exercises to do sitting and standing.
- Basic feet and arm positions.
- The five major methods of ballet instruction.
- Advice and encouragement for adult beginners.
- The history of pointe shoes.
- How dancers soften or harden their pointe shoes from ripping them apart to baking them in the oven.
- What dancers wear inside their pointe shoes to make them comfortable.
- How to Identify “dead pointe shoes” and why they are dangerous.
- The history of male dancers in ballet.
- Information for parents whose sons want to take ballet classes.
- What Men’s Classes and Partnering Classes are.
- Featuring expert advice, tips and tricks, and stories from the barre.
About the Author
Lauren Dillon is a multifaceted writer who has been dancing classical ballet for over two decades. She has worked as a dance instructor for children and enjoys sharing classical ballet with others. Born and raised in Florida, Lauren was inspired to take ballet classes by her mother, who took ballet classes as an adult. Lauren earned her Bachelor of Arts in Russian & Eastern European Studies from Florida State University (FSU).
HowExpert publishes how to guides by everyday experts.