The Upside of Irrationality
The Upside of Irrationality4,23 73 5 Höfundur: Dan Ariely Lesari: Simon Jones
In The Upside of Irrationality, behavioral economist Dan Ariely will explore the many ways in which our behaviour often leads us astray in terms of our romantic relationships, our experiences in the workplace, and our temptations to cheat. Blending everyday experience with groundbreaking research, Ariely explains how expectations, emotions, social norms and other invisible, seemingly illogical forces skew our reasoning abilities.
Among the topics Dan explores are:
• What we think will make us happy and what really makes us happy;
• How we learn to love the ones we are with;
• Why online dating doesn’t work, and how we can improve on it;
• Why learning more about people make us like them less;
• Why large bonuses can make CEOs less productive;
• How to really motivate people at work;
• Why bad directions can help us;
• How we fall in love with our ideas;
• How we are motivated by revenge; and
• What motivates us to cheat.
Drawing on the same experimental methods that made Predictably Irrational such a hit, Dan will emphasize the important role that irrationality plays in our day-to-day decisionmaking—not just in our financial marketplace, but in the most hidden aspects of our lives.
Meiri upplýsingar um hljóðbókina:Útgefandi: HarperCollins
Lengd: 8Klst. 16Mín
Hafðu alltaf góða bók við höndina - hlustaðu og lestu hvar og hvenær sem er
Lestu og hlustaðu á eins margar bækur og þú vilt! Vistaðu bækurnar á tækið fyrir ferðalögin, hlustaðu til skiptis á aðrar bækur, veldu sögur fyrir börnin þín og finndu næstu uppáhalds bókina þína. Með Storytel ertu ávallt með heilt bókasafn í vasanum.Prófaðu frítt í 14 daga