Master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the SK0-004 exam the first time with the help of this study guide
Key Features • Explore virtualisation, IPv4 & IPv6 networking, administration and more
• Enhancing limited knowledge of server configuration and function
• A study guide that covers the objectives for the certification examination
CompTIA Server+ Certification is one of the top 5 IT certifications that is vendor neutral. System administrators opt for CompTIA server+ Certification to gain advanced knowledge of concepts including troubleshooting and networking.
This book will initially start with the configuration of a basic network server and the configuration for each of its myriad roles. The next set of chapters will provide an overview of the responsibilities and tasks performed by a system administrator to manage and maintain a network server. Moving ahead, you will learn the basic security technologies, methods, and procedures that can be applied to a server and its network. Next, you will cover the troubleshooting procedures and methods in general, and specifically for hardware, software, networks, storage devices, and security applications. Toward the end of this book, we will cover a number of troubleshooting and security mitigation concepts for running admin servers with ease. This guide will be augmented by test questions and mock papers that will help you obtain the necessary certification.
By the end of this book, you will be in a position to clear Server+ Certification with ease.
What you will learn • Understand the purpose and role of a server in a computer network
• Review computer hardware common to network servers
• Detail the function and configuration of network operating systems
• Describe the functions and tasks of network operating system administration
• Explain the various data storage options on a computer network
• Detail the need for, and the functioning and application of, network and server security
• Describe the operational elements of a network provided by a server
• Explain the processes and methods involved in troubleshooting server issues
Who this book is for
This book is targeted towards professionals seeking to gain the CompTIA Server+ certification. People coming from a Microsoft background with basic operating system and networking skills will also find this book useful. Basic experience working with system administration is mandatory.
Ron Price (Server+, A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MBA, AAGG) began his experience in computing as a programmer on a mainframe operating system project. He has experience in system design, database systems, operational administration and senior management. In addition to his writing, Ron is an instructor of information systems at Spokane Falls Community College.